What is the NDIS?
The NDIS can provide all people with disability with information and connections to services in their communities such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries and schools, as well as information about what support is provided by each state and territory government.
For more information, visit the NDIS Government website – click here
How to access the NDIS
In order to access allied health at Sunnybank Central Physiotherapy under the NDIS, follow the next three steps:
- Follow the NDIS checklist for eligibility – click here
- Contact the NDIS on 1800 800 110 and an NDIS representative will assist you with your questions.
- Once your application is approved you will then work with a Local Area Coordinator or Planner to lay out your needs and goals. They will also assist you in allocating your funding to the necessary services.
If you are already approved by NDIS, contact us and book an initial appointment. Upon the initial contact please notify us that your NDIS is approved.
Please make sure you notify us that you are a NDIS approved participant, and provide us with your name, your NDIS registration number and how your fund is being managed.
You and your allied health provider will then be able to work out a service agreement/plan at your first appointment
We are here to support you to:
- Understand the NDIS and how it works
- Find out if you’re eligible
- Identify goals and aspirations that the NDIS may fund
We will be able to provide you with:
- Pain management treatment
- Home exercise programs for rehabilitation
- Advice on the management of your condition
- Recommendations for mobility & equipment aids
- Advice on transfers within your home & out in the community
Our therapists can provide treatments for a variety of chronic conditions such as:
- Physical disabilities (Amputations, Post-Surgical)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Motor neuron disease
- Spinal Disorders