Antony Lung – Master of Physiotherapy
Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
Antony Lung is passionate in sports, nutrition and health. He graduated from Bachelor of Exercise and Nutrition Science at UQ in 2014 and a Master degree in Physiotherapy Studies in 2016. Antony is an AHPRA registered Physiotherapist (Registration # PHY0002073303), and he is also a member of Australian Physiotherapy Association.
He has a clinical focus in
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Headache & Migraine
- Dizziness & Vertigo
- Sport injury management
- TMJ (jaw) disfunction and
- Psychologically informed physiotherapy for disabling pain conditions.
- Health & Wellness Coaching
His treatment techniques includes manual therapy (Maitland’s joint mobilisation technique, Mulligan mobilisation with movement technique, soft tissue massage, trigger point release, muscle energy technique, EMMETT therapies); Exercise Therapy; Dry needling; Cognitive Functional Therapy; electrotherapy (ultrasound, TENs, IFT, Laser, heat and cold therapy, shockwave therapy, traction); taping; Health & Wellness coaching etc.
“Hi, Shalom, I am Antony, I believed that understanding my patient’s needs and helping them to achieve them is the meaning of being a physiotherapist and to fulfil my mission to love other as ourselves. Therefore, I am always reading, learning and seeking the latest evidenced based best practice in treating sports injuries, occupational overused injuries and complex musculoskeletal pain etc.
- I personally play golf (lowest H’cap-scratch), tennis, basketball, soccer, I love running, sprinting, swimming, parkour, rock climb and more. Therefore, as an athlete, I am interested in helping other athletes in recovering from injuries, prevent future episodes and improves their performance.
- I also see a lot of patients with occupational overused injuries such as plantar fasciitis and tennis elbows with chiefs or sales, neck and back pain with office workers and more. I love the challenge of finding time efficient, personalised strategies to improve their conditions during and after work.
- The latest trend of evidence based treatment for pain, in specific with chronic (ongoing) lower back pain, is using cognitive functional therapy (CFT), and I am looking forward to help more people with their chronic (ongoing) musculoskeletal pain with the integration of CFT into my practice of manual, electrophysical and exercise therapy.”
- I have certified from Watson Headache® Institute, Level 1 Foundation Headache Course titled “The Role of C1-C3 Cervical Afferents in Primary Headache”. And have had great experience in helping people with ongoing unresolved headaches.
- I also enjoy helping people with TMJ (jaw) problems, my patients are very happy when they finally found solution for their jaw problem.
- Last but not least, my approach focus on client centred. Therefore, rather than telling you what to do, I listen to what you want and empower you to acheive your goal like a cheerleader.
For more information about some exercises and preventions for occupational overuse injury you can like and follow our Facebook page for the latest updates: https://www.facebook.com/SunnybankCentralPhysio/?ref=bookmarks
For more information about cognitive functional therapy (CFT): http://www.pain-ed.com/healthcare-professionals/cognitive-functional-therapy-publications/
For more information about my experience with Watson Headache® Institute: https://www.sunnybankphysiotherapy.com.au/do-you-have-migraine-or-headache/
For more information about Watson Headache® Institute: www.WatsonHeadacheInstitute.com